Direct Loan Tools: Mentors
Questions about Direct Loans?
What can the Coalition's volunteer Mentors do for you?
Mentors are financial aid administrators working at direct loan schools. Some have been in DL a long time, others have transitioned in the last two years. Because our mentors work in the field, they have hands-on experience in processing federal loans using a variety of software platforms.
- Help you set up your system;
- Share policies and procedures;
- Provide assistance in understanding and formulating your reconciliation processes;
- Instruct you in using DL Tools;
- Speak with your in-house accounting staff about G5 drawdowns and general ledger accounting information;
- Share best practices;
- Provide helpful hints on testing your system;
- Help you navigate any error messages in testing;
- Serve as your sounding board when brainstorming processing or policies related to DL;
- Guide you through creating and reviewing special ad hoc reports; and
- Provide vendor contacts if you encounter issues with your software system that the mentor cannot help you resolve.
To find a mentor volunteer who uses your software platform, click here.